Before you search the treatment or exercises for back pain, it is necessary to find how to diagnose the back pain. In most of the situations the general feelings can help the doctors to identify this problem. The patients can recognize the back pain by seeing the causes and symptoms. Modern technology is used for this purpose. Nowadays, the chiropractors and orthopedics are using different techniques to diagnose the various levels or types of back pain.
Causes of the back pain
No doubt, information about the back pain causes can help the people to diagnose this issue but this could be complex. It would be better to consider a method that is more reliable. Causes and symptoms can confuse the patients. It is recommended to check the prominent causes such as pain in the legs, groins and spine. Usually, the physicians ask the patients to tell the situations they face. They will ask about the type of pain, severity and location. They also ask the history of pain and family background.
Diagnosis on the basis of pain:
There are three common types of pains people face. The condition of the pain experienced by the patients help the physicians to identify the level of disorder.
Axial low back pain
It is the most common category of back pain. It is usually restricted to the lower back. This pain doesn’t travel to the legs and buttocks. Intensity of this pain could be dull or sharp depending of the cause. Most of the women involved in physical activities experience the axial low back pain. You may face the right lower back pain while standing or walking. In most of the cases this pain is considered acute. However, it could be short-lived. Treatment can heal this type of pain within 6 weeks.
It is the second most dangerous type of pain and it is usually caused by the pressed nerve roots. The lumbar radiculopathy is among the most prominent upper back pain causes. Unlike the axial low back pain it is considered back of head pain because it disturbs the legs and knees. Patients may face numbness, weakness, and repeated pain in the back.
Remember, the referred pain is third category of back pain. It is also caused by the pressed nerve roots. However, pain in back of head may start from the groins and knees. However, this pain rarely appears in the legs and feet. The referred pain is similar to the axial pain that’s why it is necessary to visit the physicians for accurate diagnosis.
Scans and tests:
The lower back pain kidney is usually experienced by the patients. You are suggested to take immediate actions in order to get rid of this problem. Scans and tests are necessary to find how to relieve back pain. People who want to learn about the diagnosis methods based on modern technologies should read the methods given in the list below.
- X-ray: Using the X-ray is a common method to diagnose the back pain. X-ray is a modern technique that gives inside view of fractures or cracks. This is very helpful to locate the exact position causing pain. This technology is also helpful to find the spinal instability as well as the tumors.
- CT Scan: As a matter of fact, the CT Scan is a modern technology based on machine work. This machine can be used to scan the bones in order to take images of cracks or fractures. The most important benefit of using CT scan is the cross sectional image capturing. This helps to identify the herniated discs, spinal discs and spinal stenosis.
- MRI Scan: This technology is latest because of the essential features. It enables the doctors to see the cross sections of spine. It also provides a view of all the components. The MRI Scan can be used to find the pressed nerves, nerve roots as well as spinal infections.
- Myelogram: It allows the doctors to view the problems related to spine. Normally, it is used to check the problems inside the nerve roots, nerve cords and spines. Myelogram is a technology based on injection that illuminates the inside view of above mentioned locations.
- Physical examination: This is a common technique most of the physicians use. Actually, the physical examination is considered an initial option for the physicians. The doctors usually depend on the physical condition as well as the symptoms observed in order to identify the problem of backbone.
Remember, back pain may exist without any symptom or cause. If you don’t remember any accident or physical injury then it doesn’t mean that pain is not present. You are suggested to contact with the experienced chiropractors and orthopedics.
What to do after diagnosis?
Don’t be worried about the back pain if you have diagnosed with this problem. This pain is treatable that’s why it is required to focus on the special techniques including medications and exercises. Back pain can be removed with the help of yoga. There are so many things to be checked. It would be better to think about the steps to do after the diagnosis. Those who have been diagnosed with different types of backbone pain are suggested to take following steps.
- Get the detail report: It is recommended to get detailed reports. The doctors usually prepare a report after the examination. Patients are given these reports so they can visit another physician if they want to take a second opinion. This will save your time because the physicians always prefer to have fresh test reports in order to develop a concept about the pain.
- Focus on medication: Normally, the doctors recommend medicines and injections to remove the back pain. Pain in the back, hip or knee usually disappears after a short period. However, it may be persistent if left untreated. You can easily get rid of backbone problem with the help of medication. The doctors always recommend the medicines with low doses. The dose can be increased if intensity of pain is high and frequent.
- Use simple exercises: There are so many simple exercises available to eliminate the problem of back pain. Exercises for lower back pain help the patients to make a health routine. It also helps to develop good fitness level in order to avoid the pain in future. Remember, the exercises should be selected according to the type of pain. There is no need to use heavy or intensive workouts.
- Avoid picking weights: You are required to take care of your back. Don’t pick heavy objects. Remember, lifting the weight always creates pressure on the backbone, spine and hip bone. This situation may increase the intensity of pain in the back.
- Avoid unnecessary standing or walking: As a matter of fact, it is hard to avoid the daily activities with the back pain. You have to go outside for business, office work or education. It would be better if you avoid unnecessary walking or standing. Take rest after covering a long distance in order to relax the nerves and bones.
- Change your shoes: This is very important. Your shoes are responsible for the gait. A proper and ideal gait helps to avoid the pain. Wrong gait always disturb the natural balance while increasing the pressure on spine. Change the shoes in order to avoid the pain. You can find information How to Choose Best Shoes for Back Pain.
- Change your sleeping position: Your sleeping position is also important in this matter. Consider the style of sleeping. It is necessary to ask the orthopedic to give you tips about the best sleeping positions for back pain.
- Buy a comfortable mattress: Yes, you have to bring a new mattress if previous one is not comfortable. Those who have experienced back pain after using a certain type of mattress then it is time to buy a best mattress for back pain. There are different types of mattresses available for the back pain. Check an appropriate mattress having special features to eliminate the backache.
When you need treatments?
Treatments to control the back pain should be taken as soon as possible after the diagnosis. Most of the patients prefer to utilize medicines. Remember, this problem is related to spine and discs. It is necessary to have natural methods based on certain movement. The treatments for back pain should be taken in following conditions.
- Chill or fever.
- Quick drop in weight.
- General weakness or numbness.
- Pain in legs and knees.
- Bladder incontinence.
- Sudden bowel.
- Abdominal pain.
Treatments for back pain:
We have learned what to do after getting diagnosed with the back pain. Now it is time to focus on the treatments being used to eliminate this problem. It has been observed that most of the treatments used by the chiropractors and orthopedics have produced special effects. You can get the prominent results by using a technique that has been recommended by the experts. It would be better to utilize the treatments with references and reviews. There are some important treatments for back pain.
- Surgery: This method is very reliable but only for the complicated back pain problems. Usually, the surgery is used to treat the fractures, broken bones and cracks. Surgery is expensive and painful but it is the only suitable option to treat the complicated cases.
- Weight loss: Yes, you have to reduce the weight immediately. Increasing weight or obesity is the biggest enemy of your back. You need to be careful in order to maintain your fitness and health. It is also essential to remember the things mentioned above while making a plan to burn the fats. You can’t go for a long walk, jump and exercise. Try some other natural methods such as home remedies to reduce the body weight.
- Take rest: Yes, it is a treatment for the back pain. You need to be careful about the resting hours. Choose the right mattress and pillow for complete rest. Taking rest allows the body to heal the injured muscles and tissues. On the other hand, it also enables the bone formation process to fill the fractures. Try to keep daily activities because taking a rest for a longer period may develop muscle weakness.
- Ice packs and heat: This method is mostly used for back pain relief. Most of the experts recommend heat or ice packs in order to remove the effect of pain. Both methods can be used to heal the back pain.
Exercises for back pain:
Exercises are very famous for this purpose. It is believed that exercises are more useful to heal the tissue and bone related issues. Patients with back pain are required to identify the best exercises. In order to have more information about the exercise for lower back pain it is recommended to contact with the fitness experts. The chiropractors and orthopedics usually recommend following exercises for lower back pain.
- Low impact exercises: The aerobic exercises are also known as low impact exercises. These exercises have been identified useful to treat the back pain. These exercises bring more oxygen in the blood and tissues. This increases the speed of healing process. People who swim should make routine because this is an exercise that has a positive effect on the patients of back pain.
- Body massage: No doubt, it is not an exercise but it has a significant impact on the tissues and muscles. Body massage has been recognized as a considerable method to treat the back pain, knee pain, shoulder pain and leg pain. It also improves the spinal health and reduces the inflammation. Remember, massage is beneficial for a certain types of back pain. It is difficult to treat the fractures and cracks with this method. However, it is excellent for the muscle stiffness, rigidity and dislocated discs.
- Chiropractor adjustment: This method is also called chiropractor manipulation. This is very useful because it reduces the pain and allows the patients to feel better. The chiropractor manipulation is also considered useful for the physical functioning. You will definitely feel fresh and active after having this exercise.
- Yoga for back pain: Yoga is a simple technique that improves the body balance, stamina and fitness. Nowadays, there are fitness trainers who offer back pain solutions with yoga.
- Stretches for back pain: Stretches have been recognized as a potential method to remove the low back pain. Those who are interested to use the low back pain exercises are suggested to focus on different types of stretches.
Another solution that help relieve back pain