The resulting back pain is usually treated with surgery, pain medications, and physiotherapy. In order to remedy these back pain problems and related complications, kneeling chairs have been put on the market to make those who work behind the desk more comfortable. An ergonomic kneeling chair is an chair with a knee rest allowing for you to sit straight in the chair.
If you are one of those who suffers from constant back pain due to sitting in the inappropriate chair at work, then you’ve come to the right place. Here, we have just the solution for your back aches. It is not unusual for those who work for long hours behind a desk to experience backaches. This is as a result of different sitting postures.
Sitting in this chair makes your leg bend at about 60-70 degrees. . The manufacturer designs this chair to make those with back pains more comfortable as well as to ensure good sitting postures.
- 1 Advantages of using an ergonomic kneeling chair
- 2 Choosing the best kneeling chairs for you
- 3 Find out how to choose a kneeling chair properly fit for you
- 4 Our Top 7 Ergonomic Kneeling Chair Reviews
- 4.1 Flash Furniture Wooden Posture | Kneeling Stool
- 4.2 Office Star Executive | Office Kneeler
- 4.3 Jazzy Deluxe by Jobri | Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
- 4.4 B248 by Boss | Knee Posture Seat
- 4.5 Variable Furniture Balans the Original Kneeling Chair
- 4.6 BetterPosture SOLACE PLUS Kneeling Chair
- 4.7 Jobri Grey Jazzy Chrome Deluxe Kneeling Chair
- 5 Summary:
Advantages of using an ergonomic kneeling chair
A kneeling chair ensures a speedy relief from back ache as it allows for a healthy sitting posture and also helps to tighten the muscles in the hip and thighs. It also makes sure that your spinal column stays in a straight position while you are in the chair.
Sitting in this chair helps you to improve on your sitting positions. It makes you sit straight, allowing for your spine to be in an upright position. You can always tell the difference in your postures anytime you go for a jog, walk, or even when you are just standing somewhere.
The kneeling chair also plays a significant role in the development of the core muscles. Sitting in this chair tightens your back, abdominal, and thigh muscles. It also enhances your focus on work, therefore boosting productivity.
Choosing the best kneeling chairs for you
It could be quite difficult to choose the best kneeling chair for you as there are too many of them out there available for purchase. In this article, I have outlined some things you have to put into consideration while making your choice.
You don’t get to adjust every kneeling chair; some cannot be adjusted to meet your specific needs. In choosing the best one for you, make sure you check whether it can be adjusted to any size. You can pick a kneeling chair that corresponds with your height and body shape. There are some kneeling chairs in the market that allows for you to adjust both the knee and backrest based on what’s most convenient for you.
Kneeling chairs also have a backrest which allows for enhanced support for the back and the spinal cord, but not all of them have this feature. However, if you really wish to recline in your chair, then you’ll be wise to choose a chair with a backrest.
Kneeling chairs generally come in two designs- the rockers and the coasters. You cannot move the Coasters, but the rockers are equipped with wheels which allow for mobility while still sitting in the chair- just like an office rolling chair.
This is the most important thing to take note of while choosing your chair. You should get the best comfort you desire while you are sitting in the chair. Some chairs with low-quality materials do cause back aches instead of preventing or easing them.
Find out how to choose a kneeling chair properly fit for you
• The gap between the seat and the knee-pad. Enough room should be provided by ergonomic kneeling chairs to enable your legs to get in and out very easily, and also allow for a suitable amount of knee bend. Make your knee is not forcefully bent to its max. Some people have more knee bends than others (i.e. “knee flexion”). One way to test your knee flexion is to see if you can still raise your lower shinbone off the knee pad while you are seated on the chair. Most kneeling chairs you find today (including those you see here) work best for shorter folks (i.e., under 5’9″). Taller guys find that their legs are usually squeezed in most kneeling chairs, and this puts pressure on their knees and prevents proper blood flow in their legs.In the 70’s taller people could easily find kneeling chairs. However, the sales volume were not sufficient to sustain its manufacture; hence they were gradually pulled out from the market.
• The Width of the seat. Your seat width should be wide enough to accommodate your hips, in order to provide ample space for movement and clothing.
• Seat slope. The more your seat slopes forward, the more you are positioned erectly. We suggest that your forward seat slope should be at least 25°, though this may not be so easy to find.
• Seat backrest. You don’t necessarily need a backrest for a kneeling chair that is properly fitted. The forward seat slope takes care of this.
• Seat adjustments. Ideally, a kneeling chair should provide its own separate seat height and angle adjustments. However, only a few kneeling chairs offer each of these, and most of the ones that do offer these adjustments jointly (i.e., adjusting the seat’s height also leads to a greater forward seat slope, and vice versa. Kneeling chairs without the swivel provide more seat-slope and seat-to-knee gap adjustments than the swivel models but remember that the height of the seats also automatically adjusts its slope. Folks that are taller would normally fit better into non-swivel kneeling chairs. The Shorter can use either of the two models. We previously use to find kneeling chairs that you could adjust both the seat slope and seat-to-knee-gap and the swivel. But since they didn’t sell in large volumes enough to sustain their production, they were phased out from the market.
• Swivel. If your kneeling chair is the non-swivel type, ensure that your work is directly in front of you that you don’t have to twist your neck and back trying to reach out for objects.
Our Top 7 Ergonomic Kneeling Chair Reviews
There are various types of yoga kneeling office chairs, with differences in adjustable features, padding, rolling base, etc.
An ergonomic kneeling chair which is suitable for one individual may not be suitable for another. Kneeling chairs can be amazingly beneficial. In this review, we will talk about different types of office kneeling chairs, and we hope that you find the one that best for you.
Below you will find a list of the most popular ergonomic kneeling chairs currently in the market. Buying one of these can go a long way in easing the disturbing pain you feel in your back.
One of the manufacturers in the market when it comes to manufacturers of ergonomic knee chair is Flash Furniture, and this is reflected in the design and posture of their knee chairs. You will also be excited to find out that its prices are also very reasonable.
The fact that you can fold it down completely and that its height is very adjustable are features endeared us to it. One important feature every ergonomic kneeling chair must have is it should have the same eye-level with the computer screen, and its height adjustment feature should allow for this. It is very easy to store since you can lay it down flat and move it between work and home using your car.
The cushions are not only comfortable on the knees but are also very reliable once you are sitting on your desk. Since you can roll the base while moving, you can also be active while you are seated on that office posture kneeler chair close to your desk. By placing one of your foot on the ground and moving around a little, you can sustain your leg’s movement. Whether you are a new user of this product or not, these kneeler stool is one you will love to use at your desk, either at home or in the office.
The Office Star Executive kneeler stool is designed to be a little more stylish while keeping its ergonomic value. You will notice the presence of memory foam pad which provides extra comfort not only for the shins but the buttocks as well. Based on our review and testing, we think that this product is still the most comfortable we’ve come across. All other necessary features are also available on the product: adjustable width and height, rolling base, etc.
Most customers prefer this as their favorite because of its leather bound padding and its fantastic finish using mahogany wood. This usually attracts some attention in the office. Adopting the use of this chair will surely improve your efficiency during work because of the extra comfort it affords you and the additional health benefits you stand to gain by adopting a better posture.
This is probably the best kneeling chair you can find on the market today. The only reason we don’t rank it top because of its price because of its price which is way more expensive than most of its rival products. However, if you don’t mind spending good money to get the very best, then this is the right stool for you. All adjustments that you can think of are found on the Jazzy Deluxe kneeling stool: height, knee pad knee pad, angular adjustments, lumbar support, etc. Even though it has a firm padding, it is still very comfortable. Its flash and ergonomic style are awesome, and its chrome rolling base has earned numerous five-star ratings. Since its release in the market, we have stuck with the Jazzy Deluxe kneeling chairs product
This ends our review of kneeling stool chairs. If you need more information about each of these products, follow the link you see below to know more about them.
The B248 is fast becoming a favorite among consumers, and it is highly durable. Here at Ergonomic Health, we have been proud owners of one of these products for over five years now, and it is still very intact. We also agree with others who say that their best feature about the chair is its padding which even though is firm, is still very comfortable. Another awesome feature is its pneumatic airlift which enables you to make easy and quick adjustments. Its steel frame is also a unique feature too. This is one product we believe will stand the test of time because of its durability.
Possibly the one with the best appearance, Varier Furniture in their bid to produce the best kneeling chair in the market, has made this Variable Furniture Balans. Consumers have rated it as one of the best with a 4.5-star rating.
The fact that it made from beech wood and wool fabric makes it unique. Not only is it well built, but the fabric also allows for long sitting hours because of its soft texture.
With a weight of just 13 pounds, it not having wheels will not be a problem.
This chair has a height 20” and a weight carriage limit of 113KG. It is a high-end product for those who wouldn’t mind spending extra to get good durable quality and comfort. Some users have claimed to have used it for over 20 years. It is an awesome chair that will be worth every dime you spend on it.
Maintaining right posture is very important, and with the product BetterPosture SOLACE, you’ve got the ideal ergonomic kneeling chair for a great work posture. This product also tries to ensure proper posture through kneeling. If bent over most of the day during work, then you need not wonder why you are in pain but should quickly try using a kneeling chair.
The memory foam provides cushioning which adds to the level of comfort experienced. You also get the back support option just in case you want to enjoy both chair models in one chair.
You can adjust its height to between 22 and 27 inches, and you also find heels at its base for easy transport.
It is a mid-ranged product that is capable of acting as both a regular and all-in-one chair.
With lots of durabilities packed within it, this attractive looking chair is not one of the well-known kneelers you find in the market. Jobri offers a cushioning that is sleek gray and will fit perfectly with any office. It also comes with chrome accents that are highly appealing.
It takes about of 20 – 25 minutes to assemble, and you can adjust using the lever found right underneath the right side of the seat.
Its support is very sufficient, and the chair forces you to sit in an upright position. This item is the ideal one to buy for any office, but it comes at a cost that is higher than most of its competitor.
So, we have successfully managed to show you our top 7 knee stools and chairs for your office and home which are available in the market that you. We hope this review has been able to show you what makes a knee stool worth your money notwithstanding the brand. The most important thing here is the comfort and its purpose, and with the list of products outlined above, you are bound to make the right choice on which is best suited for you. So, your quest is to choose and find the perfect knee stool that works best for you!